A wave of attacks with Ukrainian drones against Russian territory, between the night of Friday (21) and the early hours of this Saturday (22), caused the death of at least six civilians, according to information from Russian regional authorities.

The Russian Armed Forces claimed to have shot down hundreds of unmanned aircraft in the period. According to the Ministry of Defense, a total of 457 Ukrainian drones were intercepted and shot down during the early hours of Saturday.

In the Samara region, a drone hit a logistics center belonging to Ozon, one of Russia’s largest e-commerce companies, causing a large fire. The official statement issued by the company itself on its channel on the Russian social network Max reported that more than 500 employees were hastily removed from the site and that the attack left people injured.

“A fire started as a result of the attack. We evacuated more than 500 employees within a few minutes. Unfortunately, however, there were casualties,” says the publication.

Ukrainian forces also reported that the Novokuybyshevsk refinery industrial complex, in the same region, was the target of the action.

The deaths confirmed by local leaders occurred in different parts of Russian territory. In the southern Krasnodar region, Governor Veniamin Kondratyev reported that two children were killed and two adults were injured in the port city of Yeysk.

In Belgorod, a province that borders Ukraine, two people also died and 13 others suffered injuries. In Bryansk, also on the border, four injuries were reported.

In Luhansk province, Governor Leonid Pasechnik reported that two civilians had died. Among the fatal victims in the region was a 16-year-old young man. The shelling in Luhansk also injured nine other local residents.

The Kursk region, which also borders Ukrainian territory, recorded one death and six injuries in the last 24 hours. According to data released on Saturday (22). According to Governor Alexander Khinshtein, a 69-year-old man died in the village of Peschanoye in the Belaya district.

Governor Khinshtein further reported that Russian air defense shot down 148 Ukrainian drones in the Kursk region throughout the day. Additionally, the Ukrainian army carried out 117 artillery attacks against areas that had already been evacuated.

In Moscow, Mayor Sergey Sobyanin detailed that the capital region has been a constant target of attacks.

According to the mayor, between August 15th and Saturday morning, more than 2,500 drones flew towards the Moscow region, 493 of which were destroyed directly as they approached the capital.

“Most of them were neutralized by air defenses in the distant surroundings,” he said in a post on his Max channel.

“Neo-Nazi essence”

In a statement this Saturday, Russian President Vladimir Putin accused the Kiev regime of resorting to “more cruel and barbaric” attacks in the face of the increasingly difficult situation of its troops on the battlefield. According to the Russian president, “the more difficult the situation at the front is for the enemy, the more cruel and barbaric the attacks carried out by the Kiev regime.”

“The special military operation continues. And the more difficult the situation at the front is for the enemy, the more cruel and barbaric are the attacks committed by the Kiev regime. This manifests the entire neo-Nazi essence, typical of Stepan Bandera, and the Russophobic essence of this force against which we are fighting”, he declared during the second phase of the 23rd Congress of United Russia, the Russian ruling party, dedicated to the approval of the party’s electoral program.

This Saturday, the Russian military command reported that operational-tactical aviation, missile troops, artillery and drones attacked a Ukrainian military airfield, fuel depots, transport infrastructure and drone storage points in 146 districts of Ukraine.

Source: www.brasildefato.com.br



Leave a Reply